1/1 Photo of Pan Seared Chicken With Balsamic Cream Sauce
This is a low-carb recipe that is absolutely delicious, rich, with so much flavor. I've served it to guests and it is elegant and gets rave reviews every time. Enjoy! Season with love! Recipe origin: www.peaceloveandlowcarb.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin rings and separated
- 1 lb mushroom, small Bella Mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let rest.
- 2In a small skillet, saute onions in the butter until they are golden brown (carmelized).
- 3In a larger skillet with tall sides, heat olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides, but do not cook through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 4While the pan is still hot, deglaze with the chicken broth, and use a whisk or spatula to loosen all the browned bits.
- 5Add the heavy cream and the balsamic vinegar to the chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes (if desired) Whisk through.
- 6Add the mushrooms to the cream sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add onions into the sauce.
- 7Place the chicken back into the pan with the sauces, increase heat to medium and saute until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
- 8Remove chicken and add the Parmesan cheese to the sauce. Stir until melted through the sauce.
- 9Plate the chicken, top with sauce, and garnish with fresh parsley. I often serve this chicken over the top of basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Chicken With Balsamic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.6
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 224.3 mg
- Sodium 502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 46.2 g