Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
the lovely blend of swet and savoury in this dish is sure to win you over.
- 200 g boneless chicken drumsticks
- 2 pieces bacon, strips
- natural and golden raisin
- 3 -5 broccoli florets
California Raisin Sauce
- 75 g superior chicken stock
- natural and golden raisin, blended
- 1 pinch essence of chicken powder
- 1 pinch salt
- season the chicken with salt and chicken essence.
- place raisins in centre of the meat and fold meat over raisins.
- wrap chicken with bacon strips and steam for 10 minutes.
- meanwhile, blanch broccoli in hot water and prepare sauce by blending raisins with superior stock. strain and warm the sauce before serving.
- remove chicken roll from steamer and pan-sear til juices start to seep into pan, taking care not to overcook the meat.
- serve immediately ith broccoli and a light drizzle of california raisin sauce.