Prep 17 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Wegman's Menu magazine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant, unpeeled, ends trimmed, diced medium (about 3/4 lb)
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked per package directions
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dust chicken with flour; pat off excess.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in large ovenproof skillet on medium high until oil faintly smokes.
- Add chicken.
- Turn over when chicken changes color one-quarter of the way up and seared side has turned pape-bag brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Sear second side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to clean platter; keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tsp olive oil and eggplant to skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce; top with chicken. Cover and bake for 12-15 min., until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat).
- Transfer chicken to clean serving platter; keep warm.
- Toss cooked pasta with eggplant sauce, cheese and parsley in a large bowl.
- Serve with chicken.
- Option – garnish with additional cheese.