A simple yet delicious side that can be served with anything from grilled burgers on through Steak Au Pouve
- Lightly scrub potatoes.
- Cut bacon into a small dice and brown in skillet on medium-low heat. Do not cook to a full crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, slice potatoes into small rounds about 1/4 inch think.
- When bacon is done remove with slotted spoon. Drain skillet of all but 1 tsp bacon fat. Add oil and increase heat to medium-high.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat. Saute while tossing occasionally until potatoes are slightly cooked. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add fresh beans and toss lightly. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes more.
- Uncover, add balsamic vinegar & reserved bacon. Toss and serve immediately.