Can you say delicious!! This Recipe comes from Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill downtown Anderson, SC. It has a Mediterranean flair with the fresh tomato paired with feta cheese. It is a wonderfully tasty combination that you can’t go wrong with. My husband and & I treat ourselves once a month to this dish.
- Salt & Pepper the fish.
- Heat a saute pan, add olive oil.
- Put fish in pan, presentation side down.
- Cook until golden on one side, then turn over.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, fresh basil, 2 oz.feta cheese, white wine and the juice of one lemon.
- Finish in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Take the fish out and finish with butter, a splash of wine and the remaining feta cheese.
- Recommend over saffron rice or orzo pasta.
Thank you very much for sharing this dish. I only had BASA fish handy and I was in a rush so this looked like something that was worth the try. MY OH MY! What a surprise, the dish came out just perfect!!! Will definitely make it again in the very near future. :)
This was a huge hit with my family! What was particularly impressive was how fast it was to make. I used fresh Monchong fillets and a can of cut tomatoes, and skipped the butter. Because there was a lot of liquid, I let it finish cooking in the pan with the lid off and it came out great, with less mess to clean up. The additional sauce and feta were delicious over the orzo.
Exceptional pairing of flavors and the aroma was marvelous while cooking (no fishy smell for those who resist cooking fish at home). I have two minor recommendations. First the recipe does not provide the temperature used for sautÃ©ing and this would have helped my husband who prepared this dish. Second, a suggestion in purchasing the fish to avoid under or overcooking: if possible buy the fillets in similar size and thickness. Again, not something all chefs think about when purchasing. Thanks for adding to our fish meals repertoire!