Recipe by Steve_G
Very healthy and a nice change of pace....
Top Review by Shari2
Very good the burgers were moist and tasty. These were easy to make too. I didn't have any veal stock so I used a little bit of Lambrusco to deglaze the pan. I also sauted some onions with the mushrooms. I will be making these again. Thanks Steve.
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for coating burgars
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- butter (optional)
- veal stock (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Heat a large, heavy, oven safe fry pan over medium high heat On a large cutting board chop garlic and shalot.
- Dump the ground meat on top of the chopped herbs, make a well, add egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix GENTLY GENTLY form into 5 thick burgers, do not over work the meat or your burgars will be tough.
- Coat burgers with olive oil and sear in fry pan for 2 or 3 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Place pan in oven and cook until desired temperature is reached.
- About 15 minutes to 120 degrees for rare, 130 for medium rare, they will still be tender at 140 degrees, but I wouldn't go beyond that.
- Remove from pan, cover loosly for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place the pan back on the stove, and add a bit of butter and some sliced mushrooms.
- Sautee until lightly browned.
- Deglaze with a couple dashes of veal stock and serve with burgers.