Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a SB diet recipe. I received it through email from a friend.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 1. In a large non-aluminum baking dish, combine the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and garlic. Add the steak; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight, turning once.
- 2. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steak with the pepper and salt. Brown for 2 minutes per side. Add 1/2 cup of the broth; cook, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes per side (for medium-rare). Remove the steak from the skillet; cover the steak loosely to keep it warm. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion slices to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add the remaining broth as needed to prevent the onions from sticking.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain; serve with the onions.
This is an absolutely delight meal; the usual way I now serve steak. It's so easy to prepare. I serve it with a side salad and steamed brocolli.