Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine
- 2 large seedless oranges
- 16 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne or 2 tablespoons white- wine vinegar
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Finely grate the zest of 1 orange. Using a sharp knife, peel both oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith.
- Thinly slice the oranges crosswise; set aside. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon and the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Roast the shrimp in the oven for 2 minutes. Using tongs, turn the shrimp and add the orange juice and zest.
- Roast for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the vinegar into the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Whisk in the juices from the shrimp. Add the arugula and toss; transfer the salad to plates.
- Arrange the shrimp, oranges and onion on the salads, garnish with the remaining tarragon and serve.