1 hr 35 mins
This recipe comes from another Jersey Shore Restaurant that I have eaten at, The Pier Village of Long Branch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, large
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb wild mushroom (any mix of black trumpets, chanterelles, cremini, enoki, shiitake, etc.)
- vegetable oil
- 1 fennel bulb, and fronds (sliced thin or chopped, chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche or 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 24 large scallops
- Wondra Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (white balsamic)
- 1For the Sweet Potatoes:.
- 3Bake sweet potatoes at 350 to 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Clean out the pulp and discard the skins.
- 4Place pulp in medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat. Pour orange juice and sugar over the top. Stir constantly for 3 to 5 minutes and reduce until mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5For the Mushrooms:.
- 7Clean and dry mushrooms well.
- 8In a hot saute pan filmed with vegetable oil, add mushrooms and fennel bulb. Let the mushrooms develop a little color (about 8 to 10 minutes), then lower heat to medium. Add garlic.
- 9Season well with salt. Finish with creme fraiche (or sour cream) and chopped fennel frondss for color.
- 10For the Sacallops:.
- 12Wash, then dry scallops with a paper towel and dust with Wondra flour.
- 13Drizzle a little vegetable oil in a medium-hot saute pan. Place scallope in pan. Allow scallops to get golden brown, then turn down heat. Add butter and baste for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook opposite side.
- 14To Finish:.
- 16Place a small amount of the sweet potato on the plate. Place 3 scallops on top and smother with creamed mushrooms. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Roasted Scallops W/Orange Sweet Potato Puree, Wild Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g