Recipe by L. Duch
This is a wonderfully aromatic and delicious dish that only takes a short time to make.
Top Review by CArabbit
YUM! Very nice flavor combination. I removed the cooked salmon from the pan, then tossed the cooked noodles and scallions in the pan drippings to warm them. Garnish with lime wedges and chopped peanuts. A wonderful change from the standard grilled or poached salmon. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 4 teaspoons peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) center cut salmon fillets, with skin, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large saucepot of water to a boil.
- Season with salt.
- Add 1/2 pund soba noodles and cook al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together ginger and curry and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat spice mixture on to flesh sides of salmon and let salmon set for 10 minutes before cooking it.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook salmon, skin sides down, covered, 5 minutes.
- Chop scallions; set aside.
- Turn salmon over and cook, covered, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Add scallions to skillet with salmon and cook 30 seconds.