Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old Bobby Flay recipe I've had saved in my cookbook since 2000, and I still haven't made it! The original recipe does not say what temp to pre-heat your oven to so 400 is kind of a guess, I think it will work though. Please let me know how this works for you in case any adjustments need to be made. Cook time is also approximate. Thanks!
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over high heat, reduce the vinegar to 1/4 cup.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar syrup with the mustard, honey and ancho chile powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let mixture rest at room temp, about 30 minute.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan until almost smoking.
- Brush salmon on both sides with glaze and place in pan. Cook until lightly golden brown.
- Place pan in oven and continue cooking, about 5-6 minute for medium doneness.
- Remove from oven and brush again with glaze.
I so enjoyed the glaze on the fish! I didn't put the fish in the oven to finish it off, just let it cook in the pan. I used a little less ancho chile powder. Thanks for a good meal!
Except for cutting everything in half, I followed your recipe & the 2 of us had a very nice tasting salmon main dish! We eat salmon quite a bit, so any time I can find a recipe like this ~ to keep around ~ it's great! Thanks for sharing it! We were happy with the ingredient as given! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]