Recipe by KLBoyle
This is an old Bobby Flay recipe I've had saved in my cookbook since 2000, and I still haven't made it! The original recipe does not say what temp to pre-heat your oven to so 400 is kind of a guess, I think it will work though. Please let me know how this works for you in case any adjustments need to be made. Cook time is also approximate. Thanks!
Top Review by Sharon123
I so enjoyed the glaze on the fish! I didn't put the fish in the oven to finish it off, just let it cook in the pan. I used a little less ancho chile powder. Thanks for a good meal!
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan over high heat, reduce the vinegar to 1/4 cup.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar syrup with the mustard, honey and ancho chile powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let mixture rest at room temp, about 30 minute.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan until almost smoking.
- Brush salmon on both sides with glaze and place in pan. Cook until lightly golden brown.
- Place pan in oven and continue cooking, about 5-6 minute for medium doneness.
- Remove from oven and brush again with glaze.