This recipe provides a lovely crispy outside and is fantastic with your favorite rice pilaf. **Update... the "crust" will almost look burnt... don't be alarmed, the dark, crispy bits are delicious!!!! So, so, so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Place the garlic, scallions, parsley and rosemary together on a cutting board and chop them up finely.
- 3Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 4Add the basil, mustard and olive oil- stir to combine.
- 5Spread the mixture in a thin layer over both sides of the salmon.
- 6Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat and get it VERY hot.
- 7Place the salmon into the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes- or until they are lightly browned.
- 8Flip the salmon to the other side and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 9Pour the wine into the pan- but not directly over the salmon (watch out for hot steam!).
- 10Place the pan on the center rack of the oven and bake, uncovered for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Roasted Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 824.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g