Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I start these pork chops on the stove top in my cast iron skillet and then place them in the oven to finish cooking. I think the recipe is an adaptation of a BH&G's recipe.
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat skillet over med.-high heat until hot.
- Add oil; heat until hot.
- Rub chops generously with seasoning mixture.
- Add seasoned pork to hot oil; cook 2 minutes or until brown on one side.
- Turn pork chops; place skillet in oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- *Tip: You'll have extra rub, which will make this a really quick meal the next time you make this recipe.
The spice combination was spot on and we thought it tasted great! I think this cooking method worked really well too. Normally, I would have just pan fried them, but putting them in the oven to finish them off seemed to keep them juicier. Great recipe Deely and I'll be making them again next week with the leftover rub. That's an added bonus too, having enough spices left over to make it again. Thanks for the recipe!
I had originally planned on another recipe but ran short on time and hopped on this website to find something I could make fairly quickly and found this recipe and glad that I did - it was huge success and I have been asked to make it again. <br/><br/>I substituted 1 tsp onion flakes instead of powder and 1 tsp of prepared mustard
Wow! This is a very delicious recipe recipe! I used olive oil and butter (probably a Tbsp. of each) instead of the regular oil. You might need more for four chops; I only had three bone-in 3/4 inch ones.