Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I start these pork chops on the stove top in my cast iron skillet and then place them in the oven to finish cooking. I think the recipe is an adaptation of a BH&G's recipe.
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 680.38 g pork rib chops (4)
- 14.79-29.58 ml oil
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat skillet over med.-high heat until hot.
- Add oil; heat until hot.
- Rub chops generously with seasoning mixture.
- Add seasoned pork to hot oil; cook 2 minutes or until brown on one side.
- Turn pork chops; place skillet in oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- *Tip: You'll have extra rub, which will make this a really quick meal the next time you make this recipe.
This was a good basic recipe. I am out of regular paprika so I used smoked paprika and these were pretty tasty. Halved the recipe and had just enough rub for 2 chops.
We didn't love this. I tried it on thin cuts, but it just wasn't anything special to write home about according to our taste.
The spice combination was spot on and we thought it tasted great! I think this cooking method worked really well too. Normally, I would have just pan fried them, but putting them in the oven to finish them off seemed to keep them juicier. Great recipe Deely and I'll be making them again next week with the leftover rub. That's an added bonus too, having enough spices left over to make it again. Thanks for the recipe!