Recipe by Deely
I start these pork chops on the stove top in my cast iron skillet and then place them in the oven to finish cooking. I think the recipe is an adaptation of a BH&G's recipe.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork rib chops (4)
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat skillet over med.-high heat until hot.
- Add oil; heat until hot.
- Rub chops generously with seasoning mixture.
- Add seasoned pork to hot oil; cook 2 minutes or until brown on one side.
- Turn pork chops; place skillet in oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- *Tip: You'll have extra rub, which will make this a really quick meal the next time you make this recipe.