From the Sun-Sentinel newspaper. Listed as a quick and delicious dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, for the pasta water
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb linguine
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
- 2Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Toss mussels, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- 4Transfer mussels to skillet; cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, 8 minutes until mussels are open; discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- 6Return pasta to stockpot; toss with garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, remaining 1/2 teaspoons of salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid.
- 7Transfer to a serving platter, pour mussels and any of their cooking liquid on top, garnish with cheese.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Roasted Mussels over Garlic Linguini
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 966.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g