Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pan roasted Cornish Game Hens - from the Perdue website.
- 2 rock cornish game hens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Split hens in half lengthwise.
- Rub hens with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with seasonings, salt and pepper.
- In large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add hens and 2 garlic cloves. Brown hens lightly on both sides.
- Discard cooked garlic and add remaining garlic clove.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes until hens are browned and cooked through, turning 2 to 3 times.
- Remove to warm serving platter; discard garlic.
- Add wine to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring to incorporate pan juices. Serve hens with pan sauce.