Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Costco recipe magazine. Posted for safe keeping.
Make and share this Pan-Roasted Halibut With Butternut Squash, Toasted Hazelnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large saute pan on medium heat and add 2 tbs butter to melt.
- Add squash to the pan, cover and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Preheat an ovenproof saute pan over medium high heat.
- Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Combine the herbs and coat one side of the fillets with half of the mixture setting aside the rest.
- Melt the final tbs butter in the pan and add halibut fillets, herb side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until browned, and then turn and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Add onion to the squash and cook covered for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When squash is lightly browned, add wine and bay leaf and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- Add the heavy cream and the nutmeg, cook until thickened and season with salt and pepper, toss in the reserved herbs.
- Spoon squash onto 4 places and top with halibut and hazelnuts.