I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
From the Costco recipe magazine. Posted for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place a large saute pan on medium heat and add 2 tbs butter to melt.
- 3Add squash to the pan, cover and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Preheat an ovenproof saute pan over medium high heat.
- 5Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- 6Combine the herbs and coat one side of the fillets with half of the mixture setting aside the rest.
- 7Melt the final tbs butter in the pan and add halibut fillets, herb side down.
- 8Cook for 5 minutes or until browned, and then turn and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 9Add onion to the squash and cook covered for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10When squash is lightly browned, add wine and bay leaf and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- 11Add the heavy cream and the nutmeg, cook until thickened and season with salt and pepper, toss in the reserved herbs.
- 12Spoon squash onto 4 places and top with halibut and hazelnuts.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Roasted Halibut With Butternut Squash, Toasted Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 52.0 g