Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve as a light lunch or as a side dish - another Williams-Sonoma recipe.
Make and share this Pan-Roasted Corn Salad With Tomatoes and Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears corn (husks and silks removed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal (green portion only)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (plus more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely slivered
- Holiding each ear of corn by its pointed end and steadying its stalk end on a cutting board, cut down along the ear with a sharp knife to strip off the kernels, turning the ear with each cut. Alternatively, remove the kernels with a kernel cutter. You will need about 3 1/2 cups corn kernels. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat, warm half the butter and 1 tablespoons of the olive oil until nearly smoking. Add half the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, 20 to 30 seconds. Add half of the corn and saute, stirring occasionally, until golden and just tender, 3 - 4 minutes. Add half the thyme and green onions and saute for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl, Repeat with the remaining butter, 1 tablespoons of the oil and the remaining garlic, corn, thyme and green onions. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper and toss gently to mix. Add the tomato mixture, the lime juice and basil to the cooled corn and toss to mix. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper and more lime juice. Serve at room temperature.