Grains of Paradise were a common spice in Europe before the discovery of black pepper. It's still used in North and Western Africa. The flavor is similar to that of pepper, but it has a slightly more fruity flavor. It pairs very well with white fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°.
- 2Place a medium iron skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Season cod on both sides with salt.
- 4When skillet is hot, add peanut oil, then cod.
- 5Saute until crisped and brown.
- 6Then turn, saute for one minute, and transfer to oven to finish cooking, about 2 minutes longer, depending on thickness of fish.
- 7Remove from oven, and place on serving plates.
- 8Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle grains of paradise on top.
- 9Squeeze a little lemon juice over fish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Roasted Cod With Grains of Paradise
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 92.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
grains of paradise