Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Grains of Paradise were a common spice in Europe before the discovery of black pepper. It's still used in North and Western Africa. The flavor is similar to that of pepper, but it has a slightly more fruity flavor. It pairs very well with white fish.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place a medium iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Season cod on both sides with salt.
- When skillet is hot, add peanut oil, then cod.
- Saute until crisped and brown.
- Then turn, saute for one minute, and transfer to oven to finish cooking, about 2 minutes longer, depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove from oven, and place on serving plates.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle grains of paradise on top.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over fish, if desired.