1/1 Photo of Pan Roasted Chicken With Vegetables
Recipe source: Sunset (February 2008)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, sodium-reduced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, rinsed and halved (or use button mushrooms, halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350- degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over high heat until oil is hot but not smoking.
- 3Add chicken breasts, top side down and cook until golden brown (2-5 minutes); turn chicken.
- 4Add shallots and garlic to pan, stirring occasionally until shallots are soft (3-5 minutes).
- 5Add chicken broth, thyme, mushrooms, salt and peper and cook until mixture boils (1 minute).
- 6Lay asparagus over chicken; cover pan and put in oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 7Season vegetable mixture with salt and pepper.
- 8Divide vegetables among 4 plates and top with a piece of chicken. Spoon sauce over all.
- 9Garnish with chopped thyme and Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Roasted Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 673.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: