This is a great dish to do outside on the barbeque, but don't worry it works equally as well on top of the stove and in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces soft butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices parma ham
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 pint chicken or 1/4 pint vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 18 basil leaves, chop just half of them
- 1Mix butter in a bowl with half the garlic.
- 2Get everything ready in bowls to take outside.
- 3Light the barbeque.
- 4Heat a sturdy roasting pan on the barbecue rack, then drizzle in the oil to coat the bottom.
- 5Lay in the slices of Parma ham, let them crisp up on both side, then remove and set aside.
- 6Season the chicken and brown on both sides in the tin.
- 7Stir in the remaining chopped garlic, then add the canned tomatoes, the stock and oregano.
- 8Simmer for 3 minutes, turn the beasts over and simmer 3 minutes longer.
- 9Tip in the canellini beans, turn the chicken breasts over and simmer for another 3 minutes, then turn over again and simmer 3 minutes more.
- 10Taste the sauce and see if it need seasoning.
- 11Towards the end of the cooking, toast the ciabatta on both sides of the barbeque.
- 12For the final touch, toss the cherry tomatoes and chopped basil into the chicken mix.
- 13Let the tomatoes soften slightly, then top with the crispy parma ham and scatter over the remaining whole basil leaves.
- 14Spread the garlic butter over the ciabatta and arrange the slices butter side up around the edge of the chicken.
- 15Serve hot with a mixed salad.
- 16Alternately you can do this on top of the stove in a deep frying pan, and grill the ciabatta in the oven.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Roasted Chicken With Crisp Prosciutto and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: