Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Quick and easy one dish meal! A healthy and yummy way to cook chicken breast! From Healthy Cooking and Living from Lake Austin Spa Resort by chef Terry Conlan, www.lakeaustin.com/cookbooks.php. "The Healthy Table," March 2006
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts lightly between two sheets of plastic wrap to achieve even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet. Add chicken and cook through, browning on both sides, turning occasionally. Remove breasts and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until caramelized, scraping the skillet gently to loosen crusted meat particles. Add remaining ingredients and cook to reduce to a saucy consistency. Return chicken to the pan along with any juices and stir sauce to combine, spooning sauce over chicken.
- Great served over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.