Recipe by Whippersnapper
This simple recipe from Sunset magazine seems like it would be missing substance and flavor, but even my husband says it's a keeper. You can also cook the asparagus separately and serve on the side.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz. each)
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, rinsed and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb slender asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat olive oil in frying pan over high heat. Add chicken, and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes. Turn chicken over.
- Add shallots and garlic to pan and saute. Add chicken stock, thyme, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture begins to boil.
- Lay asparagus over chicken mixture in oven safe dish and cover. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender. Transfer to a plate and enjoy!