Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in a newspaper clipping
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallots or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar (regular or white)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted mediterranean olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous, prepared according to package directions
- In 12-inc nonstick skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat, and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, bring shallots, garlic and vinegar to a boil over high heat and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally,8 inutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine olives with parsley;set aside.
- Serve chicken over couscous, then top with sauce and olive mixture.