VKuuipo Bridges's Note:
Found in a newspaper clipping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots or 1/2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (regular or white)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted mediterranean olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 1In 12-inc nonstick skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat, and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 2Remove and keep warm.
- 3In same skillet, bring shallots, garlic and vinegar to a boil over high heat and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add broth and return to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally,8 inutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- 8Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine olives with parsley;set aside.
- 9Serve chicken over couscous, then top with sauce and olive mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Roasted Chicken Au Jus
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 184.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth