Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Another Tyler Florence recipe from the Food Network. A great recipe that can be made ahead and frozen. Just defrost and pan-roast for a quick, flavorful meal. Prep time includes 24 hours of marination.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (with skin)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put the chicken breasts in a large plastic freezer bag. Add the soy sauce, peanut oil, lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Seal the bag and shake it well to combine the ingredients. Marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- You can put the bag in the freezer where it will keep for up to 6 months. When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the freezer and thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron pan, a non stick skillet, or a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken breast until done, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- That's it! You're done! Enjoy!