Recipe by CountryLady
A perfect side (from Canadian Living) when tomatoes are in season without turning on your oven! I made it last night using Juliette tomatoes from my freezer and Italian Blend Spice Mix Italian Seasoning. It was quick, easy and very good - I'm sure that it will be even better when the new tomato crop is available!
Top Review by EVELYN B.
Great recipe for tomato season. We didn't have green onions, so used chives from our garden instead. We added some cooked chicken and served this atop pasta, and it was very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar