Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love roasted chickpeas! I haven't tried this variation yet, but I'm excited by it!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano, dry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme, dry
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 -3 teaspoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Combine flour with 2-3 tsp of spice mixture.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and dry with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Roll chickpeas in flour mixture until lightly dusted, Shake off excess flour.
- Cook in batches, shaking chickpeas occasionally, until browned.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
Wow - this is a terrific way to serve chickpeas! I made half the recipe and wish I'd made more. Loved the crispy and flavorful outside while they were still tender inside. Thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
Very nicely flavored. We love chickpeas and this is a nice way to spice them up a bit. Made for ZWT9 Family Picks
What a tasty snack! Or as a side for something grilled. I cut the cayenne just a bit and the spiciness was perfect. Made for Soup-a-Stars ZWT9 zingo