1/11 Photos of Pan-Roasted Broccoli
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
Pan-roasting broccoli results in a carmelized flavor, a completely different taste using broccoli, salt, and pepper. Adapted from Cook's Illustrated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir water, salt, and pepper together in small bowl, til salt dissolves.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high then add the broccoli stems in an even layer.
- 3Don't stir for about two minutes until they get light browned.
- 4Add the florets and toss to combine and don't stir for another two minutes, until they just begin to brown.
- 5Add water spice mixture and cover pan with lid, cooking for two minutes.
- 6Uncover and cook until desired doneness.
- 7Note: I eyeballed my broccoli measurements and it worked fine. I did add a little water to mine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Roasted Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g