Recipe by ElaineAnn
I made this special dinner for 4 last New Year's Eve. Served with oven-roasted potatoes and steamed veggies it was a big hit. Try this next time you really want to impress your guests.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin, medallions 2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Use herbs such as sage, thyme, rosemary, and Italian parsley.
- Place beef medallions on a small flat dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons olive oil over top, along with herbs of choice and garlic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring a sauté pan to high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle pepper on medallions and sear until they are a rich brown color, about 2 minutes per side.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and place in oven for about 8 minutes for medium rare; remove from oven to a warm place to rest the meat for another 5 minutes.
- Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.