Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this special dinner for 4 last New Year's Eve. Served with oven-roasted potatoes and steamed veggies it was a big hit. Try this next time you really want to impress your guests.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin, medallions 2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- NOTE: Use herbs such as sage, thyme, rosemary, and Italian parsley.
- Place beef medallions on a small flat dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons olive oil over top, along with herbs of choice and garlic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring a sauté pan to high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle pepper on medallions and sear until they are a rich brown color, about 2 minutes per side.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and place in oven for about 8 minutes for medium rare; remove from oven to a warm place to rest the meat for another 5 minutes.
- Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
My favorite chef ( my husband) made this for a dinner party and it was a great success
Marinated over Fri. night,and made for Sat. night supper last night. We really enjoyed this one.A good piece of rare beef is one of my favorite things.I used fresh rosemary,thyme,and parsley. Thanks for sharing a great recipe ElaineAnn, we really enjoyed it.I served it with a green garden salad,beer-dill seared carrots,garlic mashed potatoes,and French bread.What a great meal.(The overnight wait time was hard! Each time I opened my fridge and saw it in a plastic-wrap covered dish, my mouth would start to water in anticipation!)