1/3 Photos of Pan Roast Beef Tenderloin with a Mushroom Cream Sauce
Valentine's Day or any other day, this makes a romantic dinner for two. On Valentine's Day, try cutting some heart-shaped vegetables using a small heart-shaped pastry cutter and your vegetables of choice - butternut squash, carrot, white turnip, are all easy to use for this type of vegetable preparation. Simply slice the vegetable (use a Japanese mandoline if you have one) approximately one-eighth thick. Blanch in boiling, salted water for 60 seconds. Remove; cool down immediately and then cut out the heart shape vegetables. It is far easier to cut the vegetables with a heart-shaped cutter when they have been blanched. Toss them in a little melted butter in a non-stick pan for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped parsley and arrange on your plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a fry pan over medium high heat, add a splash of olive oil and half a teaspoon of butter.
- 2Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- 3Add the clove of garlic and sprig of fresh thyme.
- 4Slowly roast the beef tenderloin on all sides, turning routinely every 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5To cook the beef tenderloin medium, this should take approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- 6Once roasted nicely, golden brown, remove the beef tenderloin and keep warm off to one side.
- 7Pick out the garlic and thyme, return the pan to the heat, and add a splash of cognac and flame so as to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- 8Add the chicken stock and reduce by two- thirds, then add the cream and simmer gently to reduce and thicken by half.
- 9Season with salt and pepper and keep sauce warm on one side.
- 10Using a clean fry pan, over high heat, quickly sauté your choice of assorted mushrooms that have been picked over and cut into hazel nut size pieces.
- 11Sauté in a splash of olive oil and butter.
- 12Season with salt and pepper; this should take 3 to 4 minutes for the mushrooms to soften and release some juices.
- 13Arrange beef tenderloin& mushrooms on your plates, then drizzle sauce around the mushrooms and a little over the tenderloin.
- 14Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Roast Beef Tenderloin with a Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.4
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 249.3 mg
- Sodium 227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: