Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This dish packs a punch of flavor, for greasing the pan you might want to consider using Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
Top Review by tara portee
I struggled with how to rate this. The potatoes were nicely browned, with a nice punch of flavor from the sun dried tomatoes and pesto. However, the whipping cream burned and stuck terribly to my pan. Like one of the other reviewers, I also think that the suggestion to add the cheese towards the end,is an important suggestion to follow. I think if I could have fixed the problem with the whipping cream this would have definitely rated higher
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1/2-in pieces
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 -7 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil and minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (or use finely chopped yellow onions)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, can use a bit more if desired (store-bought or homemade, I use my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto for this)
- black pepper
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees,.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large baking sheet in one layer if possible.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together sun-dried tomatoes, whipping cream, shallots, garlic, pesto and black pepper; pour over the potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the potatoes until fork-tender and the cheese is lightly browned (about 45 minutes).
- Season with salt.
- **NOTE** if desired you can sprinkle the cheese on top the last 20 minutes or so of baking.