1/1 Photo of Pan-Poached Salmon Piccata
This is one of Tom's special meals that he makes when we are having company (or when I bug him enough, I LOVE salmon)... it makes a beautiful dish and it absolutely wonderful! This is from another recipe and he's adjusted the ingredients a bit to our tastes, it's easy to play around with, so feel free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and lemon juice to a boil in medium-sized skillet.
- 2Stir in chicken bouillon granules.
- 3Reduce heat to a simmer and place salmon fillets in pan.
- 4Cover and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part; or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- 5Remove salmon from pan; keep salmon warm.
- 6Boil remaining liquid in the skillet until it is reduced to approximately 1/4 cup.
- 7Whisk in butter and stir in capers.
- 8Spoon sauce over fish.
- 9Season with pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Poached Salmon Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 23.2 g