Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yummy pan pizza!
- 314.66 ml warm water (105F)
- 59.14 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 946.36 ml flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 7.08 g dry yeast
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil (for dough)
- 255.14 g mozzarella cheese (3 oz. per pan)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml dry oregano
- 2.46 ml marjoram
- 2.46 ml dry basil
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl.
- Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes.
- Add oil and stir again.
- Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into three balls.
- In three 9" cake pans, put 3 Oz. of.
- oil in each making sure it is spread evenly.
- Using a rolling pin,roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans.
- Spray the outter edge of dough with Pam. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 11/2 hours.
- Combine sauce ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
- For Each Nine Inch Pizza:.
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1" of edge.
- Distribute 1 1/2 Oz. shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce.
- Place toppings of your choice in this order:.
- Pepperoni or Ham.
- Meats (cooked ground sausage or beef).
- Top with 3 Oz. mozzarella cheese.
- Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
- Cut in six slices.
Perfect pizza, but not too good for my diet. I exercised today and was admiring my 10 pound weights. The ones attached to my rear.
I actually found this recipe at a different website but being the loyal Food.com chef that I am, was going to post it when I found this one! I was looking for a pizza crust similar to Pizza Hut's pan pizza. I did not have dry milk so I used 1 cup of 1% milk and 1/3 cup warm water. Heated the milk in a pan (make sure it doesn't go much over 105 degrees or it will kill the yeast). Instead of 3 9" pans, I used one 9X13 and one 9" cake pan (to make cheese bread!). Because I used glass I reduced the temp 25 degrees and added a few minutes to the cook time. Put the 2 oven racks in the middle and rotated the pans half way through (about 25 minutes total time, depending on your oven and toppings). The texture of the crust was great! I decided to use a blend of canola and olive oil and it was NOT a good idea. The olive oil does not cook the same...stick with veg, canola, or corn oil but not olive! Will be trying this again, the right way! It was still really good! =)