Recipe by Mirj
This is one of my favorite ways to serve steak. The smell of the peppers cooking in the balsamic vinegar is tantalizing! Very easy and impressive.
Top Review by Evie*
Delicious! I used Scotch Fillet steak and as I didnt have any yellow peppers I used red and green. I found one of each was enough. The balsamic vinegar smelled so good when added. Thanks for posting.
- 4 (6 ounce) steaks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (try to use extra-virgin)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan on medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle steaks with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cook to desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the olive oil to the pan until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, until browned and soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until all the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the peppers over the steaks.