Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to serve steak. The smell of the peppers cooking in the balsamic vinegar is tantalizing! Very easy and impressive.
- 4 (6 ounce) steaks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (try to use extra-virgin)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan on medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle steaks with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cook to desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the olive oil to the pan until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, until browned and soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until all the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the peppers over the steaks.
Delicious! I used Scotch Fillet steak and as I didnt have any yellow peppers I used red and green. I found one of each was enough. The balsamic vinegar smelled so good when added. Thanks for posting.
This was pretty good!! I used only green peppers (that's all I had), and I also threw in some sliced onions. Ate it all up!!