Recipe by Brookelynne26
If using a grill pan, use soaked wooden skewers that have been trimmed to fit in the pan.
- 2 small jalapenos, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 small handful basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the jalapenos, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime zest, cocnut milk, basil, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add shrimp and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- String a couple of shrimp onto skewers. Heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking hot. Place shrimp in an even layer in the pan, reserving the marinade. You may have to grill in batches.
- Cook until shrimp are well browned on each side, turning once, about 3-4 minutes total. Transfer cooked shrimp to a serving platter.
- Turn the heat off the pan. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and let thicken for a minute or two, then pour off the reduced sauce into a small serving bowl to serve with the shrimp.