Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect fall combination-pork and apples! Taken from "Bon Apetit."
Make and share this Pan-Grilled Sausages with Apples and Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausages and cook until beginning to brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and apple to sausages in pan; cook until onion and apple are tender and brown, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider or juice and chopped sage; increase heat to high and stir until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer apple and onion to 2 plates, dividing equally.
- Top with sausages.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons butter into cider mixture.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over sausages and serve.
Hi!!Yooper, I made this on 10/10/07 for my SO and myself after seeing Bergy's wonderful photos.For the sausage I used a chedder cheese smoked sausage,and for the apple I used two small golden delicious since that's all I had on hand.And I also used just 1 teaspoon of dried sage.But boy,let me tell you the taste was very good.The apples gave a wonderful sweetness to the onions.Thank you for posting and,"Keep Smiling:)"
How has this stayed undicovered for nearly 2 years? Wonderful recipe. I used Italian sausage and Braeburn apple, sweet onion . I can taste this with a good smoked sausage too. Excellent Yooper I hope others will be trying it soon. I had one sausage left over with some apple & onion had it cold on toast this morning MMMmm 8 Oct 09 Made it again Yooper and loved it - this time I used sausages with cranberries in them - Wonderful