This recipe is a result of a pregnancy craving for salmon on a day when I didn't have much time to cook; serve with boiled potatoes or rice and a microwaved veggie for a quick, easy dinner. It turns out juicy and moist, although firm-- just the way I like it! The mayonnaise-coating method is a favorite of my dad's for grilling fish, and I like to pan-grill on cold days. I also love the tastes of lime and dill with salmon, so there you are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse salmon and pat dry. Remove any bones that are sticking out.
- 2Rinse limes.
- 3Put 3/4 cup mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- 4Cut limes in half. Ream juice of limes into bowl.
- 5Mix with whisk or fork until smooth, taking care to remove any seeds that get in the bowl. If necessary, add more mayonnaise until mixture is consistency of a smooth, fairly thin cream sauce WITH NO LUMPS.
- 6When mixture is smooth, add dill to taste. Crumple between fingers before adding to release extra flavor. Add salt to taste. Mix until dill and salt are evenly distributed.
- 7Add salmon to mayonnaise-lime mixture.
- 8Prepare a nonstick frying pan: spray with non-stick cooking spray and place on stove over medium-high heat.
- 9When pan is hot, carefully place salmon in pan. (If you are doing more than two steaks, you may need to do this in shifts, two at a time.) With a pastry brush, brush additional mayonnaise-lime mixture over the top surface and sides of the salmon periodically.
- 10When salmon is opaque about halfway through and lightly browned (about 2 to 4 minutes), brush salmon once more and flip.
- 11Brush sides a few more times, then allow to cook through (about 2 to 3 more minutes.) Salmon is done when opaque and firm all the way through the thickest part.
- 12Remove salmon from pan and serve while very hot!
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-grilled Salmon with Lime and Dill
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.4
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 746.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 41.1 g