Recipe by kiwidutch
This is a perfect date night dinner if you are out to impress! Special equipment: a well-seasoned ridged grill pan (preferably cast-iron) Accompaniment: lemon wedges Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I have no way of knowing where the original owner got it from. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! Due to the salmon ingredient I have chosen for this recipe ZWT REGION: Canada.
- 6 scallions
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and bones removed (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 slices good-quality whole wheat bread
- 2 cups bite-size pieces spring mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill pan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Meanwhile, toss scallions with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Pat salmon dry and coat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook scallions in grill pan, turning occasionally, until soft and slightly charred, about 6 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- Add salmon to grill pan and cook, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 12 minutes total. Transfer with a metal spatula to a plate and cool slightly, then gently flake.
- While salmon is grilling, finely chop scallions and stir into mayonnaise with celery, lemon juice, and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread and spread lightly with some of scallion mayonnaise. Divide salmon among toasts and top with dollops of scallion mayonnaise and pieces of frisée.