1/1 Photo of Pan Grilled Portobello Mushrooms With Herb Infused Marinade
Portobello mushrooms are a wonderful main dish, due to their heartiness, meatiness and size. Originally published in the Vegan Table cookbook and again in Vegan's Daily Companion by Colleen Patrick Goudreau.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -12 large portabella mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh oregano (can use marjoram instead) or 1 teaspoon dried oregano (can use marjoram instead)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, for sauteing
- 1Remove stems from mushrooms, and lightly wipe tops with a damp paper towel.
- 2In a large bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, water, rosemary, thyme and oregano. Stir to mix. Add mushrooms and make sure each one is covered by marinade. You may need to move them around. Marinate for as little as 30 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
- 3When ready to cook, add some of the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Remove mushrooms from marinade(but do not discard marinade). Put as many mushrooms as you can fit in pan, tops down. They will shrink as they cook. Cook 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn over and cook 3-5 minutes more.
- 4Remove fresh herb sprigs from marinade, and pour marinade into pan, reserving some for additional batches of mushrooms.
- 5Cover and cook 5-7 minutes. Flip mushrooms, cover and cook 5-7 minutes longer. When fork tender, remove from pan, and repeat with remaining nmushrooms.
- 6To serve the mushrooms hot, simply use myltiple pans on the stove at once.
- 7Serve 2 mushrooms per person.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Grilled Portobello Mushrooms With Herb Infused Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1082.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: