Recipe by emily_t
This is another Cooking Light magazine recipe. They suggest using 1 tbsp of minced jalapeno pepper but I prefer to leave it out. I use canned pineapple.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- cooking spray
- 4 slices pineapple (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 5⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork and 1 tablespoon juice; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pineapple and onion; cook 4 minutes on each side or until onion is tender. Coarsely chop pineapple and onion; combine in a medium bowl with remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.