1/7 Photos of Pan Grilled Pork Chops
These chops are so easy and very tender. It's based on a recipe in the Mama Dip's Kitchen cookbook. Be sure to follow the important steps of letting the chops rest with the salt and seasoning before cooking, then browning the sides slowly, followed by a covered "rest". Mama Dip is a traditional Southern U.S. cook, chef, restauranteur and cookbook author.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the salt, thyme and pepper on the pork chops.
- 2Let sit on counter top for 30 minutes.
- 3Place oil in large cast iron skillet (or heavy stainless steel skillet) and heat until medium hot.
- 4Place chops in the pan, placing them so they don't touch each other.
- 5Cook each side slowly (lower heat if necessary) until nice and golden brown on each side.
- 6This will take about 4 minutes per side.
- 7Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- 8Turn off the heat, and let the chops sit for about 8- 10 minutes, depending on thickness of chops.
- 9After removing chops, you can de-glaze the pan with a little water, wine or broth and a touch of butter and serve as a sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 691.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g