Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The original (fictional) drink was invented by Zaphod Beeblebrox, a major character in Douglas Adams' novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon, wrapped 'round a large gold brick. It has also been described in the novel as the alcoholic equivalent to a mugging; expensive and bad for the head. This is a more practical, but no less potent, version that is all about the booze. You definitely need to pace yourself... and your liver!
- 2 ounces Bacardi Limon (or lemon flavoured rum)
- 3 ounces Absolut citron vodka (or lemon flavoured vodka)
- 1 ounce Bacardi 151 rum
- 1 ounce goldschlager
- 1 ounce Everclear alcohol, 95% (or Alcool)
- In a tall pitcher, stir together all the ingredients with a long, narrow swizzle stick or spoon handle.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Pour into rock glasses over an ice cube and serve immediately.