Recipe by tabasco0697
You can use other flat fish such as flounder or sole. I have found whiting to have little to no small while cooking. Best served with my Sweet Dilly Tartar Sauce Sweet Dilly Tartar sauce. We also enjoy serving this fish with Alexia Smart Classic Roasted Straight Cut Fries. The prep time includes the time the fish needs to sit in the refrigerator after breading
- 2 pieces whiting fish fillets (skin pulled off, rinsed and patted dry and quartered)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning (Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow dish mix panko bread crumbs and seasonings together. In other shallow dish whisk eggs and Crystal hot sauce. Dip fish in eggs turning fish over and over 3 times. Then dip fish in panko bread crumbs turning twice and patting the bread crumbs into each fillet. Sit on a plate. Once all fish are breaded cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil/butter over high heat until bubbling (approx 1 1/2 - 2 minutes). Add half the fillets and turn to medium high heat. Cook fish 3 1/2 - 4 minutes per side making sure it turns a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel covered plate to drain. Serve with condiment of your choice. We prefer my Sweet Dilly Tartar Sauce recipe # 516674.