Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make. Note1: Don't fry at to high of a temp or the coating will burn before the fish cooks. Note2: I like to serve with steamed broccoli and baked potato or wild rice.
- 4 (8 ounce) white fish fillets, skin removed. (trout, tilapia, etc.)
- 21 saltines (finely crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon slice
- Combine crackers, parmesan, and parsley in a shallow bowl.
- Combine flour and pepper in another bowl.
- Place lemon juice and beaten egg in separate bowls.
- Heat oil in 12" frying pan.
- Dip fish in lemon juice, then flour, then egg, and finally the crackers. Place fish in a single layer into the frying pan and fry over low - medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side. Fish should flake when done.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with lemon slices. Garnish with rosemary, parsley, and dill if desired.