Recipe by KT Scarlet
This recipe was passed to us by our 70 year old neighbor. The man loves his deer. He suggests enjoying this with some onions and pickles on your choice of bun ... beer. Me, I ate them with mashed potatoes and gravy ... and beer.
- 4 boneless venison loin steaks, pounded to 1/4-inch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 20 Ritz crackers
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning (I used Cavender's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (or any oil you like for pan frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush crackers in a food processor and mix in spices. I'm sure there are other amazing combinations of spices that would taste incredible, but I'm new to cooking venison!
- Beat together egg and heavy cream.
- Melt/heat bacon grease in large skillet on medium heat.
- Coat the steaks in the egg mixture (I scrape off the extra) and then coat in the cracker mixture.
- Place steaks in skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side (more or less to your doneness preference.).