Recipe by MarraMamba
EASY! What a terrific meal. Wonderful venison (or beef, your choice) and a sauce with great flavors. Potatoes on the side and its a dish fit for a king with little work
For the potatoes
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
For the apple and mushroom sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 110 g wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 glass red wine
For the venison steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 venison steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and sauté the potatoes over a low heat, for 6-8 minutes or until soft.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the mushrooms and apples for a few minutes until soft. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In the same pan, reduce the red wine for 3-4 minutes.
- Return the mushroom and apple mixture to the pan and simmer for two minutes.
- Heat the oil in a separate pan and fry the venison steaks for 3-4 minutes on either side, or according to personal taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve with the sautéed potatoes and mushroom and apple mixture.