Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is similar to homefries, but the turnips add something extra.
Make and share this Pan Fried Turnips and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook cubed potatoes and turnips in boiling salted water until fork tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the cooked drained potato and turnip cubes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until potatoes and turnips are lightly browned (or browned to your liking), adjusting heat as necessary.
- When done, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
DELICIOUS! A real winner here ~ made as directed. Loved the buttery, oniony flavor of the mix of turnips and potatoes. I made this as a side to go with Meatloaf Deluxe and will definitely make this again, it was so easy and the result was wonderful. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT6 ~ GREAT BRITAIN Region and the Queens of Quisine!
This recipe was included in Book#228608. November 15, 2008 -- This dish is definitely a keeper. I love turnips, although my son doesn't; he enjoyed this very much and I told him after dinner that this not only had potatoes, but also had turnips in it. He said "well I guess they're not so bad after all." DH and I loved the combo of the turnips and potatoes; a little extra zing that made this stand out from the usual homefries. A winner in our household for sure.