Recipe by *Parsley*
This is similar to homefries, but the turnips add something extra.
Top Review by cheryl w.
This is delicious! The only thing I tweaked was seasonings. I added some seasoning salt, garlic, etc to suit my family's taste but it's great with the original recipe as well. My husband had never eaten turnips but he thoroughly enjoyed these.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cubed potatoes and turnips in boiling salted water until fork tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the cooked drained potato and turnip cubes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until potatoes and turnips are lightly browned (or browned to your liking), adjusting heat as necessary.
- When done, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.