1/4 Photos of Pan-Fried Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce
A tasty snack or appetizer. Tofu cubes are very crispy outside, yet warm and soft inside. Sort of like Asian "french fries". And i simple love the sauce, even used it as salad dressing sometimes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (i used crunchy)
- 3 tablespoons skim milk or 3 tablespoons soymilk or 3 tablespoons coconut milk (will do)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 dash chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Drain tofu (i pressed gently between paper towels).
- 2Cut into bite-sized cubes.
- 3Toss with cornstarch, coating the cubes.
- 4Sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
- 5Heat some oil (about 3-4 tablespoon, just ensure pan is coated).
- 6Fry the tofu cubes in batches, making sure all sides are lightly browned.
- 7Drain on paper towels, then sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Sauce: Heat the milk in small saucepan (you can make sauce in microwave too).
- 9Add peanut butter, stirring well.
- 10Add other seasonings, according to personal taste (I love spicy food, so i added LOTS of chilli flakes!). If you use coconut milk, add 1/2 - 1 tsp of lime juice too - it will be great!
- 11Serve hot, as a snack or appetizer. Sometimes i serve them with a sweet Chinese dessert: Green Bean Soup.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 349.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g